Why You Should Never Put Off Treatment
Have you thought about putting off treatment for drug and alcohol abuse? Perhaps you know, in the back of your mind, that you need this type of help. Yet, you’re simply unsure if you can step away from your busy life right now to participate in a treatment program at Brightview. There’s no doubt that it’s challenging to acknowledge that you need help, but there are reasons why you should act now.
Why Should You Get Treatment Right Now?
Once you come to the understanding that you have an addiction, you may feel overwhelmed with what that means. In short, it means you have two choices. You can continue using and lose control over most of your life decisions and deal with years of pain and suffering. Or, you can stop putting off treatment and get authentic help to reclaim your life.
Why do it now, though? Does it matter if you get treatment now vs. down the road?
- The sooner you get help, the easier treatment and recovery will be for you. Even days matter here.
- Right now, you can make the decision to get help. One more use of those drugs may push you to the point of overdose or complex health problems you cannot reverse.
- This is a progressive disease. That means you could deal with numerous health problems such as kidney and liver failure, heart damage, and cognitive function loss that you cannot heal.
- You may give up tomorrow. Today, you know you need treatment and want to get help.
- Doing so right now puts you in control of your future, not your addiction.
Putting off treatment puts you at a higher risk of complications. It also makes it more difficult to make the decision to get help. The sooner you make that decision, though, the more opportunities for recovery are available to you.
Putting Off Treatment Is Not Necessary
There are a few reasons why putting off treatment is not a good idea. Your family and friends don’t want you to wait and keep damaging your health. Your employer doesn’t want you to come to work another day under the influence – and it may cost you all of the work you’ve done on that job if you do.
You can participate in therapy during the day and continue to get back home in the evenings with your family. You may even find that our flexible therapy options make it easier to get the care you need than you thought. Why not embrace care now?
Call BrightView for Treatment Today
BrightView makes the entire process of getting treatment for substance use disorder easier for you to manage. To do that, we generally, can help you the same day you call us. We offer 24-hour support – you can call at any time and get some help and guidance. Most importantly, we can help you to get started today so that tomorrow is the best day for your future. We work with most insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid, as well as with people who don’t have insurance coverage.
Are you ready to find out how we can help you? Learn more about our programs:
- Outpatient treatment programs
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Addiction recovery treatment options
- Counseling and individual therapy for addiction
- Peer recovery supporters
Your future is in your hands. Now is the time to act and to stop putting off treatment you know you need. Reaching out today can be an investment in your future. Our team at BrightView offers the type of treatment that empowers you and gives you the ability to achieve your goals. Learn more about it by calling our compassionate counselors at 833-510-4357 to learn more.