National Public Health Week: Dr. Ryan Part of Panel Discussion at UC
April 2, 2018
Location: Kowalewski 301 in the James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati
Following Synan’s keynote will be a panel discussion featuring researchers, clinicians and health professionals. Schedule of events for the day are as follows: Wednesday, April 4: Keynote and Panel discussion 9:30 a.m. - 9:55 a.m. Doors open, sign in 10 a.m. -10:10 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks • Shuk-Mei Ho, PhD, Chair of Dept. of Environmental Health • Neil MacKinnon, PhD, Co-Chair of UC/UC Health Opioid Task Force, Dean of UC's Winkle College of Pharmacy 10:10 a.m. -10:55 a.m. Keynote by Tom Synan, Newtown Police Chief and a founding member of the Hamilton County Heroin Coalition. 11 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Panel Discussion featuring:]]>
- Jennifer Brown, PhD, associate professor, UC Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Addiction Sciences Division.
- Tim Ingram, Hamilton County Health Commissioner, and adjunct instructor, Public Health.
- Michael Lyons, MD, MPH, associate professor of Emergency Medicine, and a UC Health physician.
- Jennifer Mooney, PhD, Cincinnati Health Department and affiliate professor, UC Department of Sociology.
- Shawn Ryan, MD, president and chief medical officer of BrightView.
Lunch at Kettering Lab Complex atrium will follow the panel discussion, around noon. Hosted by the MPH program. For those who cannot attend, a live WebEx feed, (Event number: 649 137 008 Event password: MPH2018) is available, and will also be posted after the event at http://med.uc.edu/eh/divisions/publichealth
National Public Health Week has been an annual event organized by the American Public Health Association (APHA) since 1995. The purpose is to recognize the contributions of public health and highlight issues that are important to improving our nation.